Corporate Styling 101: An interview with stylist Melanie Lippman
This podcast is about tax. But it is also about my life as a tax lawyer. In this bonus episode, I have a chat with New York stylist Melanie Lippman about how to navigate the new world of video calls and how to break down the barriers to personal style that have been created in our profession over the years.
2020 has been full of challenges and fears. It has also brought a new way of working to many people - with the introduction of Zoom video calls, and work from home, many people found their work life turned upside down. I like to think of myself as an adaptable person, but I also struggled this year with all the changes that happened. I have always loved fashion - but over the weeks that I started to work from home, I found myself wearing leggings and yoga gear far too often. When I had to go into the office, I would wear “work attire” and instantly feel more professional and polished. Over the summer, I had been watching LinkedIn posts from New York stylist, Melanie Lippman. I eventually joined her “Stand Out Style” group (which is made up of female lawyers from across North America) - this group fundamentally changed my relationship with style. Not only did I learn so much about how to dress and take care of myself in this new environment, but I also got to connect with other female lawyers and start to break down some of the barriers to personal style that have been created in our profession over the years.
If you are feeling stressed out about appearing on video, or have struggled with showcasing your personal style in a corporate setting, then this episode is for you!
RESOURCES DISCUSSED ON THE EPISODE
- “How I built this” podcast: https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this
- Melanie’s Stand Out Style Course: https://www.melanielippman.com/standoutstyle
MORE FROM MELANIE
- Website: https://www.melanielippman.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/personalstylistmelanielippman/
- Connect with me by email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @melanielippman
MORE FROM AMANDA
- The Tax Chick Blog - https://taxchickca.wordpress.com;
- Connect with me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amanda-doucette-tep-83a9ab51/
- Instagram: @tax.chick