Tax Litigation 101, with Sophie Virji
In this episode, Sophie and I discuss all aspects of the tax resolution process - right from the initial audit, all the way through to an appeal to the Tax Court of Canada.
Do you break into a cold sweat just thinking about receiving the dreaded brown envelope from Canada Revenue Agency? What would you do if you received a call letting you know you had been chosen for an audit? Join me and my guest, fellow Tax Chick, Sophie Virji as we break down as we break down how to navigate the Canadian tax system. Topics of discussion include: (1) the audit - how to prepare for it, and the scope of audit powers (12:12); (2) the internal appeals process - how to file a Notice of Objection (42:01); and (3) a brief overview of appeals to the Tax Court of Canada (55:00).
RESOURCES DISCUSSED ON THE EPISODE
- Podcast Suggestion from Sophie:
Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations:
MORE FROM SOPHIE:
- Website: https://www.bennettjones.com/VirjiSophie
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sophie.virji/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sophievirji/
- Instagram: @sophievirji
MORE FROM AMANDA
- The Tax Chick Blog - https://taxchickca.wordpress.com;
- Connect with me by email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amanda-doucette-tep-83a9ab51/
- Instagram: @tax.chick