An interview with a financial planner (with special guest, Janea Dieno)
Are you curious about what a financial advisor does, and whether you need one?
I stumbled across Janea a number of years ago following my divorce. I was feeling a bit scared, and financially unprepared for my new life. Lawyers typically do not have a built-in pension plan/investment plan through work - and we are really good at giving advice to our clients about financial stability, but often forget to implement this advice for ourselves. I am so grateful that I got to know Janea and now have her as a part of my personal financial team.
Janea and I have something in common. We both believe that clients need to be empowered to make financial decisions for themselves - and that discussions about tax and finances do not always have to be so complicated! In this episode, we let you eavesdrop on our conversation - we will be exploring what it means to be a financial planner (8:30), how to choose a planner that is right for you, and will discuss the difference between an RRSP, a TFSA, and a non-registered account, including how these various investment vehicles are taxed (36:27). Finally, we explore the exciting world of "segregated funds" (44:15). Want to have something smart to say on your next Zoom call with friends? Then, you need to listen to this episode!
RESOURCES DISCUSSED ON THE EPISODE
- Little Stories for Tiny People Podcast (https://www.littlestoriestinypeople.com/)
- Growing your Financial Advisory Practice Podcast (https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/growing-your-financial-advisory-practice-insights-for/id1350497225)
- Investments Unplugged (https://www.manulifeim.com/retail/ca/en/viewpoints/capital-markets-strategy/investments-unplugged-with-philip-petursson)
MORE FROM JANEA
- Website (and Blog): https://www.brightrock.ca/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jdieno
- Connect with me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @janeadieno
MORE FROM AMANDA
- The Tax Chick Blog - https://taxchickca.wordpress.com;
- Connect with me by email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amanda-doucette-tep-83a9ab51/
- Instagram: @tax.chick