Insurance 101 with special guests Jerry Gedir and Tracy Duff
How much do you really know about insurance? Do you know the difference between life insurance, disability insurance, and critical illness insurance? Do you think of insurance as a waste of money?
Are you an advisor that avoids talking to your client about insurance because you do not quite understand the options available or when insurance may be helpful?
Jerry and Tracy break down what you need to know about insurance products – including when insurance may be the “solution” to a problem. This episode is a must listen for new business owners who are wondering whether insurance is really all that important. (Hint: It is 😊). Join us as we discuss: (1) Life insurance – the difference between term insurance and permanent insurance products, and how a joint last to die policy may be useful in certain situations (9:40); (2) Disability Insurance – how it is taxed and what types are available (26:36); and (3) Critical Illness Insurance – why this is an often over-looked insurance product that can actually come in handy in your business (39:01).
RESOURCES DISCUSSED ON THE EPISODE:
· Greg McKeown “What’s Essential” Podcast - https://gregmckeown.com/podcast/
· Simon Sinek - https://simonsinek.com/
· Strategic Coach Podcasts - https://resources.strategiccoach.com/podcasts
MORE FROM JERRY:
· Website: https://continuity.ca/
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE FROM TRACY:
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tracylduffcfptep/
· Twitter: @SkyeDuff
MORE FROM AMANDA
· The Tax Chick Blog - https://taxchickca.wordpress.com;
· Connect with me by email: email@example.com
· Instagram: @tax.chick